Re: How stable is the frozen stretch?

On 05/16/2017 06:26 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 06:17:38AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 05/15/2017 02:06 PM, deloptes wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

mkdir test && cd test && zcat /boot/initrd.img-`uname -r` | cpio
-Hnewc -i

I may not be "prophet or son of a prophet", but I see a "lab
practical" on parsing in my future.

You may find https://explainshell.com useful.

Bookmarked! It also has some interesting links.

There you can paste in
command lines and the commands will be explained. For this instance:
https://explainshell.com/explain?cmd=mkdir+test+%26%26+cd+test+%26%26+zcat+%2Fboot%2Finitrd.img-`uname+-r`+|+cpio+-Hnewc+-i

The link didn't survive the email process, but intended URL was clear.

Due to my learning style, I still see a "lab practical" on parsing in my future. That page will be a good check on my understanding.
Thank you.