Re: How stable is the frozen stretch?

On 05/14/2017 02:40 AM, Joe wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:54:04 -0400
RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net> wrote:

On 05/13/2017 12:40 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I have a partition whose label is "common".

I could almost smack myself in the head. I had done that when I used
to dual-boot Windows / Linux (now you can see why I'm not a fan of
dual-boot, I guess! LOL!). I also used to dual boot SolydX and SolydK
distributions.

In my VMs, I do use the guest additions and have a shared directory
(necessity for what I need to do as well).

But that was one way I had shared data.

However, I still balk at dual-booting (like you balk at VMs :) )

Another option I've used for some years: a pocket-sized USB hard drive
with an i386 all-modules installation, which boots on practically
anything that isn't an ARM.

Can you clarify what you mean by the phrase "i386 all-modules installation"?
TIA