Re: Re; Okay, that's too much now!

On 8/09/2015 5:09 AM, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 05:29:14PM +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
>> On 7/09/2015 7:15 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>>> I gather Devuan is doing well.  So there are choices.  One of course is stick
>>> with Debian, and work to rename all the libraries whose names cause such
>>> distress. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

... this bit "A rose....", see further below.

>> And re-branding Monsanto is still ... Monsanto.  Renaming is just hiding
>> the facts or at least making them harder to be seen.
>
> Maybe I'm misreading your post but Devuan isn't simply renamed Debian.
>>From what I gather from the web site, it's Debian *without* systemd.

Oh no, I wasn't meaning anything to do with Devuan; Lisi mentioned about
renaming systemd related parts, my view is that this would just mask the
fact that it is systemd, in effect an attempt to mislead the users as to
the real facts.

Devuan is very admirable, great work by them.

Kind Regards
AndrewM