RE: BIOS size limit for USB flash drives

> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 09:37:01 -0400
> From: kenslists@teksavvy.com
>
> Is there any limit to the size of a USB flash drive with the ext2 file
> system encrypted on it which can be addressed through the BIOS
> interface?

I'm intrigued. You can access encrypted ext2 filesystems from
your BIOS? What kind of bios is that? coreboot?

> (I am using Debian Jessie.) The largest size I am now
> using is 32 gb drives but would like to use 64 gb or even 12 gb drives.

Assuming a conformant BIOS implementation, I would expect it
to be able to access filesystems up to 2TB in size. Since most
BIOSes are still proprietary blobs, the only real answer is:
We don't know, ask your vendor.

Regards,
Arno