Re: Re; Okay, that's too much now!

On 7/09/2015 7:15 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Carl didn't overstate half as much as calling systemd a cancer with tentacles.
> (Do cancers actually have tentacles??).

It's plainly obvious, it is exactly what it is.  Read Lennart's own blog
if you want more proof, it's all there, unless he has taken it down.

I still tend that there should be a desktop version that may or may not
optionally have systemd and a server version that definitely does not
have systemd.  Not that I would support any version with systemd, but
some seem to see it as a desktop enabler of some sort.

> I gather Devuan is doing well.  So there are choices.  One of course is stick
> with Debian, and work to rename all the libraries whose names cause such
> distress. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

And re-branding Monsanto is still ... Monsanto.  Renaming is just hiding
the facts or at least making them harder to be seen.

A.