Re: Re; Okay, that's too much now!

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 18:35:49 +0000 (UTC)
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> On 2015-09-06, Greencopper <greencoppermine@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Systemd is spreading like a cancer striking its ugly tentacles into
> > everything it can get its hands on.
> >

> "cancer striking its ugly tentacles into everything it can get its
> hands on"
>
> So pathetically put I wonder if you might not be a sock puppet for the
> other side, mixing metaphors and confusing appendages in order to cast
> doubt upon the mental abilities of the opposition (that is, yourself
> and your minions if we could accept you at face value).
>
> Everything is so confusing.
>
> But while three-year-olds are washing up upon this shore and that face
> down and stiff from *rigor mortis* because they want to get out from
> under the bombs, let's have another long, long circle jerk whine and
> dine about our favorite init systems.

You might want to ease back on that one a little, it turns out that the
family have lived in Turkey for three years, and were not fleeing war.
Tragic, most definitely, bombs, no.

> At least we got our priorities straight here, right?

'Our'? We all have different priorities.

OK, the language was dramatic rather than pathetic, but fairly
descriptive. All kinds of system software *is* being pulled together
under the 'systemd' badge, and inevitably will one day stop functioning
separately. It's not wrong to point this out, though it is better done
dispassionately. Maybe it's a good thing, but good or bad, it's worth
being continuously aware of.

--
Joe