Re: upgrade stable to testing or upgrading testing - very bad situation of the repository!
On 9/6/2015 1:19 PM, Joe wrote:
Don't know how affected testing is by which transitions, but the ones
the were causing
On Sun, 06 Sep 2015 21:58:19 +0200
Floris <email@example.com> wrote:
I suspect it will be more than a few days. Unstable has been
disrupted for weeks, and aptitude full-upgrade still shrugs and
says 'I can't do it, do you want to have a try?' There are more
than 150 packages stuck at the moment, on a system with just over
Apt-get dist-upgrade wants to pull about seventy packages, but some
are libraries which will be replaced by new versions. Gimp and
gnome-mplayer are in the list, which I'm not willing to give up
yet. If I get bored, I might mess around with synaptic to see if I
can upgrade a few, but clearly there is still significant trouble.
gnome-mplayer is removed from testing and unstable. So I wouldn't
wait to long.
OK, thanks. I would hope not Gimp also...
me grief in unstable were taglib, clucene, ffmpeg-libav, and opencv.
I expect flac, libmusicbrainz5, and libtorrent-rasterbar were adding to
the confusion as
I did uninstall ktorrent since I have not been using it anyway and I was
finally able to get
everything up to date without removing anything I care about keeping.
I did have to work at it to find combinations that would not cause a big
list of removals.
I use Synaptic. First using the default upgrade to get the low hanging
fruit. Then making
selections from the things that remain. Then going through the list of
and selecting packages to purge. If selecting something to purge gives
me a list of changes
that includes something I want to keep that has a newer version
available, and the list of
those things is reasonably small, then I will give the OK for that, then
'Custome Filter --> Marked Changes' then change the selection for the
things I want to keep
to upgrade in order to see what else that triggers.