[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: upgrade stable to testing or upgrading testing - very bad situation of the repository!

On 09/06/2015 01:19 PM, Joe wrote:
On Sun, 06 Sep 2015 21:58:19 +0200
Floris <jkfloris@dds.nl> wrote:

I suspect it will be more than a few days. Unstable has been
disrupted for weeks, and aptitude full-upgrade still shrugs and
says 'I can't do it, do you want to have a try?' There are more
than 150 packages stuck at the moment, on a system with just over
4000 installed.

Apt-get dist-upgrade wants to pull about seventy packages, but some
are libraries which will be replaced by new versions. Gimp and
gnome-mplayer are in the list, which I'm not willing to give up
yet. If I get bored, I might mess around with synaptic to see if I
can upgrade a few, but clearly there is still significant trouble.

gnome-mplayer is removed from testing and unstable. So I wouldn't
wait to long.

OK, thanks. I would hope not Gimp also...

Joe, mplayer has been forked by player2 and removed by player2 in upstream..
Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2  - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263

Reply to: