[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: upgrade stable to testing or upgrading testing - very bad situation of the repository!

On Sun, 06 Sep 2015 21:58:19 +0200
Floris <jkfloris@dds.nl> wrote:

> >
> > I suspect it will be more than a few days. Unstable has been
> > disrupted for weeks, and aptitude full-upgrade still shrugs and
> > says 'I can't do it, do you want to have a try?' There are more
> > than 150 packages stuck at the moment, on a system with just over
> > 4000 installed.
> >
> > Apt-get dist-upgrade wants to pull about seventy packages, but some
> > are libraries which will be replaced by new versions. Gimp and
> > gnome-mplayer are in the list, which I'm not willing to give up
> > yet. If I get bored, I might mess around with synaptic to see if I
> > can upgrade a few, but clearly there is still significant trouble.
> >
> gnome-mplayer is removed from testing and unstable. So I wouldn't
> wait to long.

OK, thanks. I would hope not Gimp also...


Reply to: