Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Tanstaafl wrote:
On 11/11/2014 3:33 PM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Actually, there's a patch (thank you Kenshi).  It has not been applied.
Hence, to use it right now, one has to build a custom version of the
installer.  I hope, that post the initial Jessie release, the deboostrap
and installer maintainers will apply the patch.
Since the bug is so old (dates back to wheezy), and a patch exists and
still hasn't been applied, I think it is likely that they simply don't
*want* to fix this bug, since that would negatively impact the desire to
get as many people using systemd as possible, so they can be counted in
the stats of 'satisfied systemd users', even if many/most don't even
*know* they're running a different init system.

+1