Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

Brian wrote:
On Mon 10 Nov 2014 at 14:44:22 -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:

Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 10.11.2014 um 19:26 schrieb Patrick Bartek:
Maybe, the release after Jessie will include an init choice.
Ironically, jessie is the first release where you can actually install
an alternative init.
Up until now you were forced to use sysvinit.

People seem to forget that.

By the way, the bug that prevents pre-seeding a clean systemv
installation, originally dates to problems pre-seeding a clean
systemd install in Wheezy.  Kind of ironic.
#668001 doesn't prevent what you call "a clean systemv installation".

Ok, then explain to me the procedure for running the installer in such a way that systemd is never installed, thus avoiding any potential problems that might result from later uninstallation all the dependencies that systemd brings in with it.

Clean does NOT equal install systemd, then uninstall and replace it with systemv. It means, install systemv in the first place. (Unless you know some meaning of "clean install" that I don't.)

Again, note that but #668001 was reported as preventing a clean install of systemd on Wheezy, where systemv is the default.

Miles Fidelman