Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On 15/10/14 17:30, Steve Litt wrote:
Pre-cisely. I see Red Hat's fingerprints all over that unmaintained
status. If not for Red Hat, somebody would have picked up ConsoleKit.
After all, as shown in
http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/software/whos-writing-linux ,
there's plenty of money floating around to pay for free software
development.

A question for you:

Which funder of free software development do you believe would realistically stand to make a measurably-greater-than-unity return on investment (either in "reasonably foreseeable losses averted" or "reasonably foreseeable new profits obtained") by choosing to underwrite (or assign employees to) resumed development of ConsoleKit?

I have a couple of observations which I think may be relevant:

* The set of people hostile to systemd seems to include a lot of people who don't see much need for the likes of ConsoleKit either.

* ConsoleKit isn't, in terms of its size, particularly intimidating; the actual C source code is only about 20% larger than the autotools-associated shell scripts.