Re: question about systemd

On 10/10/2014 at 07:53 PM, James Ensor wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM, John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> James Ensor writes:
>>
>>> My impression is that the idea of "systemd's entanglement" has
>>> been blown way out of proportion.
>>
>> The entanglement discussed here earlier had to do with the design
>> of the Systemd suite, not with dependencies.

(Well, there was some discussion about the dependencies side of thing as
well, but I think that's more an effect of the design of the systemd
suite rather than a primary issue of its own.)

> Exactly, and that has been blown way out of proportion.  You do not
> need to have systemd installed or running to have a usable
> Debian-testing install.

Er... how do these two sentences make sense together?

If I'm reading you correctly, you're claiming that the entanglement
involved in the design of the systemd suite has been blown way out of
proportion, and in support of that you're citing the fact that you do
not need to have systemd installed to have a usable Debian testing system.

But whether or not you have to have systemd installed to have a usable
Debian testing system is not about the design of the systemd suite; it's
about dependencies. So your citation seems to have nothing to do with
the claim at hand.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this make sense?

--
   The Wanderer