Re: question about systemd

Le 09/10/2014 17:12, Reco a écrit :
>  Hi.
>
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 22:36:46 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
>> If what you did works for everybody when Jessie goes stable, you've
>> just singlehandedly ended this whole argument.
> That's a short-term solution at best. Because of:
>
> 1) Jessie isn't stable yet. Moreover, it's not even in freeze.
> Hence, if it works now - nobody will guarantee it'll work tomorrow.
>
> 2) There are certain desktop environments that basically require
> that-pid1-process. And one of those desktop environments is set as a
> default one currently at d-i.
> Hence, such solution will require one to stop using certain DEs (no
> big loss in case of GNOME3, IMO, but still).
>
> 3) There's policykit issue, which was helpfully outlined by OP.
> This privilege escalation suite crept into far too many GUI tools,
> including XFCE. And currently it's *conveniently* broken if one does
> not use that-pid1-process.
>

> So, if one is willing to do all it takes to remove said-pid1-process
> from the typical server installation - it's doable. But from the
> desktop one - it's much harder.
>
> Reco

However I have server with special setting that today I handle with
policy-rc.d
I have not the slightest idea how I can have this setup with systemd nor
any idea how to get any help for this.

When I asked for doc, I was answered here "jusyt write it yourself"...

Other setting, some very small PC used as router/FW. on a testing
machine, I see systemd memory foot print to be
177096 VSS , 5556 resident  3100 shared.

Thats HUGE. 8 Mo just for the init system, once th system is booted ?

I am not sure I will consider debian an alternative fore those PCs once
Jessie is stable...

What can I do except express my problems, but then I see an army of
zealots coming against me.
for me in some cases systemd just made linux unusable. Sad, but true.