Re: Proposal: An alternative to mailing lists which isn't a forum

On 10/11/2014 01:20 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> If you want to go forward with this I would suggest you just do it. If
> some Debian Developer finds your idea interesting you could even get a
> domain like imap.debian.net.

Yes, I think that's the way to go. People are far more likely to adopt a
ready-to-deploy solution than a theoretical proposal. But I'm
interesting in hearing more opinions first.

> You could set up several servers/accounts

That is not needed. Different lists can simply be different folders of
the same account. IMAP supports ignoring / subscribing to specific folders.

>IMAP servers are built to handle many clients accessing different
mailboxes, not sure how they will handle many clients accessing the
*same* mailbox

That's a very good point.