Re: question about systemd

On 10/10/2014 07:53 PM, James Ensor wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM, John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:
>> James Ensor writes:
>>> My impression is that the idea of "systemd's entanglement" has been
>>> blown way out of proportion.
>>
>> The entanglement discussed here earlier had to do with the design of the
>> Systemd suite, not with dependencies.
>> --
>
> Exactly, and that has been blown way out of proportion.  You do not
> need to have systemd installed or running to have a usable
> Debian-testing install.   I have not seen a counter-point so far that
> demonstrates otherwise.

Some time ago there was a list of dependencies on this thread. I would think
that the entanglement was referring to that. Maybe it was wrong. The
messages of the last couple days saying how to replace systemd did not
seem to indicate any great loss of apps due to dependencies on systemd.
It would be nice if someone knowledgeable would figure this out and
post the results.

--doug