Re: Let's have a vote!

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:19:13 +0200
lee <lee@yagibdah.de> wrote:

> It's because my server runs on Debian; I wouldn't be here otherwise.
> And since it does, I've considered using Debian again (on my desktop)
> because that could have some advantages.

Wait a minute Lee. Aren't you the guy who insists on xen? As I
remember, with xen, you run xen at the bare metal, as dom0. And, IIRC,
xen gives you whatever Linux they feel is the best for xen to run
under as dom0.

So install xen, using the OS xen defaults to, regardless of systemd
status, because xen has already modified it to fix any problems, and
all you're doing is dom0, and from there on you run OpenBSD or NetBSD
or whatever you want as guests.

I wish I had your problems. It sounds to me like you can be systemd
free (with the possible exception of the do-one-thing-and-do-it-well
dom0), and running various OS's that pretty much guarantee you can run
any app you want.

Why don't you convert your Debian server to OpenBSD running as a guest
of xen? If you already know and use xen, you have the easiest escape
hatch in the world.

SteveT