Re: Let's have a vote!

On 28/09/14 04:49, lee wrote:
> Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I never needed to understand it.
>>
>> Noted. (and adequately demonstrated that you don't understand it -
>> it "just works for you" - like systemd does).
>
> It works only as long as it does.

Insightful.

> I've seen how difficult it is to do a very simple thing with
> systemd,

Do you have a constructive example - or is the wingeRUS list?  I'm
presuming you wish to improve the situation?

> how poor the documentation is

Obviously that is something that needs improving then. You could help by
stating the areas you find lacking - perhaps even tell us a bit about
where you looked?  I'm not a real slow reader but even so I've found all
those man files a bit of a chore to read - it's going to take me a long
time to "get my head around it" (it's hard being old).

> and how confused the developers are.

Are they?  Which developers? This a lot of information to take on board!

> When systemd fails, chance to fix it are as good as non-existent.

Ipso facto??

>>> They are simple scripts which are easy to understand.
>>
>> Either you understand it or you don't. Pick one. It's an approach
>> that may lead to principles and credibility (at the possible cost
>> of self-righteousness - bonus!).
>
> What are you trying to say?  Something like "It doesn't matter when
> you write everything in Japanese because someone either understands
> it or not."?

Does it?  How very interesting.

>>> It would be a vote nobody knows or cares about.
>>

>> It's a personal choice. If you require a crowd of support as moral
>> justification you're doing it wrong.
>
> Just ask yourself: Why would someone choose to download an ISO for
> Debian?

I'm not sure how that is an answer to the question I asked. Would you be
so kind as to answer my question please?

The answer to your random question is - because they wish install
Debian. Please start a new thread for new questions.

>>> There seems to be quite some disagreement about systemds'
>>> technical superiority.

>>> That'll be a long wait.  Even if I made another init system, it
>>> would be ignored like everything else.
>>
>> Circular logic much? And it justifies what? Others doing the work
>> for you - on the basis that you've previously *alleged* your "work"
>> was unfairly rejected in the past. If 'it' is Open Source, not
>> some hypocritical SLitt license, then provide a link and let the
>> code speak for itself.
>
> It gives me reason not to waste my time with making software for
> others.

Your call, obviously.

> There are other reasons to do it, and I might give out what I make
> as open source or keep it for myself.  That's probably along the
> lines of what most people do.

Whatever.

> If you want a link,
Please do - I'm open to trying other init systems.

I've posted one in another thread earlier today.
> Perhaps you want to play some sort of childish game here about who
> made the most software, so what software did you make?
>
> Or perhaps you don't realise that you got things the wrong way
> round.

Clearly not. (I can be a bit thick).

Kind regards