Re: Let's have a vote!

On 26/09/14 07:34, lee wrote:

>>> That's how systemd makes the boot process cryptic and non-debuggable.
>>
>> If you can understand start-stop-daemon, I'm sure systemd isn't much
>> harder.
>
> I never needed to understand it.

Noted. (and adequately demonstrated that you don't understand it - it
"just works for you" - like systemd does).

>>> So Debian even has its own version of systemd to make things more
>>> complicated.
>>
>> Debian has it's own idiosyncrasies of sysvinit, so this is a point to
>> neither side.
>
> They are simple scripts which are easy to understand.

Either you understand it or you don't. Pick one. It's an approach that
may lead to principles and credibility (at the possible cost of
self-righteousness - bonus!).

-----8<------------------->8----------------------

>> Users DO get a vote. Every time you download an ISO for debian, that's a
>> vote. Every time you install a system as debian, that's a vote.
>
> It would be a vote nobody knows or cares about.

It's a personal choice. If you require a crowd of support as moral
justification you're doing it wrong.

>> As has been mentioned several times on this list, the best way to get
>> systemd out of debian is to develop an init system that is technically
>> superior to systemd.
>> [...]
>
> There seems to be quite some disagreement about systemds' technical
> superiority.
>
>> When your new init system is ready for show time, either submit it to
>> debian (if you'd like debian to lead the way) or create your own
>> distribution to showcase the init system. Let people see the ease with
>> which your new system tackles the problems of both sysvinit and systemd.
>> Let them play with it and marvel at the clean, robust code.
>>
>> We look forward to the fruits of your efforts!
>
> That'll be a long wait.  Even if I made another init system, it would be
> ignored like everything else.

Circular logic much? And it justifies what? Others doing the work for
you - on the basis that you've previously *alleged* your "work" was
unfairly rejected in the past. If 'it' is Open Source, not some
hypocritical SLitt license, then provide a link and let the code speak
for itself.