Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 10:12:37 -0400 Steve Litt sent:

> The ssh daemon is a perfect example, and
> so is httpd. The Dovecot daemon. Networkmanager or wicd. In my
> opinion, there's no reason to have these managed by the init system:
> Daemontools is the ideal place to manage stuff like this.

That's interesting Steve.

I don't have wicd, nor do I have networkmanager and I don't think that
I have ssh?

# apt-get --purge remove openssh-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'openssh-server' is not installed, so not removed

So I don't think that systemd runs these? I'm not certain how to chech
for httpd?

Will read how you accomplish what you want to do with interest.

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	When one is helping another, both are strong. - German proverb