Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

Le 28/08/2014 21:16, Brian a écrit :
> On Thu 28 Aug 2014 at 20:37:41 +0200, Erwan David wrote:
>
>> Le 28/08/2014 16:10, AW a écrit :
>>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:02:02 +0200
>>> Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  > As all I stand up for is _freedom_ (of any kind) and as what I hate most
>>>  > is fundamentalism (of any kind), this thread is terminated for me.
>>>
>>> AKA.  I don't want to take the time to either learn systemd or try my hand at
>>> writing excellent sysvinit code... I'd rather just complain instead...
>>>
>>> You have freedom to choose, if you want to choose.  I'm sure there would be
>>> takers who would gladly follow, some with cash and code experience.  But that
>>> takes a strong leader and not a wishy washy complainer.
>> Or systemd is imposed to me iutterly complex and with no real
>> documentation for migration just a bunch of crossreferencing man pages,
>> incomplete and without the basic glossary
> The technical term for this is "bollocks". The term is used frequently
> in Barnsley, where they tend to be down-to-earth in init system matters.
>
> Nothing is stopping you from writing what you call migration documents.
> But you would rather join the moaners.

So those who do not know, nor see the need in systemd should do the job ?

I have other things to do than support it. If you want me to support it
I'll just say : YOU wanted it, do what is needed

>> SysVInit was good for me, worked, I did not see ANY argument except
>> "other do this" (in that case why use linux  ? far more people use
>> windows) or other autority argyuments or mere false facts.
> Stick with sysvinit then. It isn't hard. The technique is probably in
> the multi-post thread you started.

That's just a LIE : you cannot go without systemd since some other parts
where premempted changed and integrated into systemd (see udev)

it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep a debian without systemd.