Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:45:12 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

 > Are you a sockpuppet arguing ironically? If so, which side do you
 > support? Microsoft?

I guess you're not interested in the previous post about ad-hominem...
and... Oh!  You mean unix sockets... hahaha! that's funny.

I'm on the FOSS side.  However, systemd is much better than sysvinit.  And
change has been in the works for the better part of the last 15 years - that's
half of the purported 30 years of 'stable and unwanted change' of sysvinit. Look
up simpleinit for what looks like a decent precursor to systemd. Furthermore
there are Debian whitepapers published around circa 2002 regarding the short
comings of sysvinit and the advantages of switching it out for a dependency
based init.

 > Follow-ups, if any, on off-topic, please.

You seriously must be joking if you think you'll just drop a personal insult on
me and then sweep me off to off-topic...

--Andrew