Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

Le 28/08/2014 16:10, AW a écrit :
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:02:02 +0200
> Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>  > As all I stand up for is _freedom_ (of any kind) and as what I hate most
>  > is fundamentalism (of any kind), this thread is terminated for me.
>
> AKA.  I don't want to take the time to either learn systemd or try my hand at
> writing excellent sysvinit code... I'd rather just complain instead...
>
> You have freedom to choose, if you want to choose.  I'm sure there would be
> takers who would gladly follow, some with cash and code experience.  But that
> takes a strong leader and not a wishy washy complainer.

Or systemd is imposed to me iutterly complex and with no real
documentation for migration just a bunch of crossreferencing man pages,
incomplete and without the basic glossary

SysVInit was good for me, worked, I did not see ANY argument except
"other do this" (in that case why use linux  ? far more people use
windows) or other autority argyuments or mere false facts.

I see the OPEN bugs on systemd whose seriousness is kept lower than any
other package (yes the fact that some machine may NOT boot should be
considered utterly grave).

I see a completely unfinished software, not even beta quality, with
messages saying " in version you must do like this, in version n+1 like
that, but it will change in n+2"

I sere a system that is unable to properly shutdown a system and
supporters say "it is not important just wait longer, or power off yourself"

I see long time behaviour being changed and systemd fas saying "it is
just it was bad before". The compatibility is nowhere to be seen

I see developers refusing that their work is used otherwise than tehy
intend, saying no you mustr also change the logging the system, end soon
the resolver or other *sytem* things.

I see dependencies to heavy frameworks, which will lead to many small
machines to be unable to still run linux.