Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:25:37 +0200
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

 > it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep a debian without systemd.

$man systemd

For compatibility with SysV, if systemd is called as init and a PID that is not
1, it will execute telinit and pass all command line arguments unmodified. That
means init and telinit are mostly equivalent when invoked from normal login
sessions. See telinit(8) for more information.
    --system, --user
For --system, tell systemd to run a system instance, even if the process ID is
not 1, i.e. systemd is not run as init process.

You can definitely install systemd and sysvinit side-by-side.  It may be a bit
of work on the user's part, but I do believe your claim is 'busted'

Although, I haven't tried.  Give it go, and let us all know.

--Andrew