Re: fsck progress not shown on boot with systemd as pid 1

On Lu, 04 aug 14, 11:20:38, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Or it is also possible that the hardware differences is the source of
> the difference.  Your graphics display hardware may decide to use the
> 25 line terminal while mine chooses a 48 line terminal.

I'm guessing it's due to fglrx, which is blacklisting radeon (the kernel
module) and therefore disabling KMS.

To change resolution at boot with fglrx or nvidia one has to set it in
the GRUB_GFXPAYOAD_LINUX variable in /etc/default/grub (or set it to
'keep' and change GRUB_GFXMODE instead).

Kind regards,
Andrei