Re: fsck progress not shown on boot with systemd as pid 1

Brian wrote:
> With sysvinit the default at booting is for the screen messages to fly
> past at a bewildering speed and then for the screen to be cleared by
> agetty. Nobody particularily complains about this behaviour. Unless
> you have an excellent visual memory you are in the dark as regards what
> happened.

Just for the record I complain about that behavior.  I don't like the
fancy tty colors and always disable them.  I don't like the screen
clearing those away and so I always set the getty --noclear option.
The problem is that while there may be complaints like mine I don't
see them changing anything.

Bob