Re: Sid Systemd upgrade

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Tom H wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Miles Fidelman
>> <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Damn right I don't use development or testing versions in production.
>>> I'm
>>> looking down the road a year and planning what I will use in production
>>> when
>>> my current system is ready for upgrade. It's looking less and less like
>>> Debian, and more and more like one of the BSDs.
>>
>> Maybe time'll prove that a Debian transition to systemd will be a
>> disaster but I doubt it. The DDs, and especially the members of the
>> release team (and I dare say, the systemd team) will ensure that it
>> isn't.
>>

> I'm not sure I have all that much faith in that, when we have no less than
> Linus Torvalds saying things like this about key systemd developers:
>
> -----
>
> “Key[sic], I'm [expletive] tired of the fact that you don't fix problems in
> the code *you* write, so that the kernel then has to work around the
> problems you cause,” he wrote.
>
> Torvalds went on to state that “this has been going on for *years*,” and
> said that he will refuse to accept patches from Sievers until Sievers cleans
> up his act.
>
> -----
>
> I have a bit more faith in the Debian release team, but not so much about
> upstream.

Linus rants regularly but it's just rants.

The last time that I saw him post his uname (in the last 8-10 months),
he was using Fedora (and therfore systemd). He's ranted about Gnome
and policykit and he's using both.

You'll have a hard time avoiding Kay's coding if you're using Linux
since he's the udev maintainer.