Re: Sid Systemd upgrade

Tom H wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Damn right I don't use development or testing versions in production.  I'm
looking down the road a year and planning what I will use in production when
my current system is ready for upgrade. It's looking less and less like
Debian, and more and more like one of the BSDs.
Maybe time'll prove that a Debian transition to systemd will be a
disaster but I doubt it. The DDs, and especially the members of the
release team (and I dare say, the systemd team) will ensure that it
isn't.

I'm not sure I have all that much faith in that, when we have no less than Linus Torvalds saying things like this about key systemd developers:

-----

“Key[sic], I'm [expletive] tired of the fact that you don't fix problems in the code *you* write, so that the kernel then has to work around the problems you cause,” he wrote.

Torvalds went on to state that “this has been going on for *years*,” and said that he will refuse to accept patches from Sievers until Sievers cleans up his act.

-----

I have a bit more faith in the Debian release team, but not so much about upstream.

Miles Fidelman