Re: Sid Systemd upgrade

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 08:16:57 schrieb Miles Fidelman:
Erwan David wrote:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:36:30PM CEST, Jonathan Dowland
<jmtd@debian.org> said:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 03:09:40PM +0200, Erwan David wrote:
Problem is where do we get the knowledge to repair mannually ? I do noit
see it in /usr/share/doc/systemd nor in the crossreference man pages,
nor anywhere else.
You can install systemd to try it out before committing to it as your
default init system. Just install 'systemd' but not 'systemd-sysv' and
pass init=/bin/systemd to Linux via your boot manager.
BULLSHIT !! testing withoput doc does not replace knowledge. That's diy
computing, that's not serious. When I reasd this
That does capture things in a nutshell.  Some of us actually run Debian
in production, server environments - and have enough issues keeping
things up for our users.  As someone pointed out a little earlier:

"No where, just "go ahead and test". For me it meabns debian is now
disqualified for serious computing. welcome to game systems."

This kind of things, and attitude, makes me really think twice about
continuing to use Debian for production.  If I'm going to put the time
into "going ahead and testing," I'm seriously thinking it's time to use
that time to test something that might remain more stable going
forward.  (I'm starting to think slackware, or one of the BSDs.)
Do I really read, what I read here?

Thread is about Debian Sid and Jessie and you talk about production?

If you use a development / testing version of Debian on production machines
there is only one person responsible for that:

Damn right I don't use development or testing versions in production. I'm looking down the road a year and planning what I will use in production when my current system is ready for upgrade. It's looking less and less like Debian, and more and more like one of the BSDs.

Miles Fidelman