Re: Sid Systemd upgrade

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 08:16:57 schrieb Miles Fidelman:
> Erwan David wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:36:30PM CEST, Jonathan Dowland
<jmtd@debian.org> said:

> >> You can install systemd to try it out before committing to it as your
> >> default init system. Just install 'systemd' but not 'systemd-sysv' and
> >> pass init=/bin/systemd to Linux via your boot manager.
> >
> > BULLSHIT !! testing withoput doc does not replace knowledge. That's diy
> > computing, that's not serious. When I reasd this
> That does capture things in a nutshell.  Some of us actually run Debian
> in production, server environments - and have enough issues keeping
> things up for our users.  As someone pointed out a little earlier:
>
> "No where, just "go ahead and test". For me it meabns debian is now
> disqualified for serious computing. welcome to game systems."
>
> This kind of things, and attitude, makes me really think twice about
> continuing to use Debian for production.  If I'm going to put the time
> into "going ahead and testing," I'm seriously thinking it's time to use
> that time to test something that might remain more stable going
> forward.  (I'm starting to think slackware, or one of the BSDs.)

Do I really read, what I read here?

Thread is about Debian Sid and Jessie and you talk about production?

If you use a development / testing version of Debian on production machines
there is only one person responsible for that:

You.

I don´t know how good systemd will work with Jessie when its marked stable, it
has its share of issues at the moment, but before that, this is no production
stuff.

I use Debian Sid on production for desktops and heck I do not like systemd
208-6 being uploaded to Sid before systemd-sysv is ready, but Sid is still
unstable. And as thus I report bugs if I find erratic behavior (like NFS /home
not mounted here).

So deal it.

Otherwise use Wheezy on production. As thats the release intended for that
kind of usage scenario.

Thanks,