Re: testing-dedicated ML? ( was Re: End of hypocrisy ? )

On 7/22/14, David Guntner <david@guntner.com> wrote:
> Tom H grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
>> There is one
>>
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/
>>
>> but a quick look at the its archives shows that it isn't a heavily
>> used list and that it's not a list for freaking out about systemd.
>
> Neither is this one, but that doesn't seem to stop people.... :-)

:)

It is the point too though, and I think a point made very well.
And I think it would be perfectly effective. eg:

- This *is* debian 'testing' list - if you're not up to testing, or it
gets too hot around here, please, go back to stable.

- This *is* debian 'unstable' list - what is your expectation of
transitioning new software into debian 'testing'?

- This *is* debian stable list - what are you doing complaining about
debian testing/ unstable?

_That_ has got to be about the perfect response to certain <ahem>
"complaints" shall we call them  :)

It would require a concensus to 'activate' the debian-testing list. Is
there a debian-unstable - or perhaps that should just be part of
debian-testing?

Or is it all too much, too many lists?

The idea seems quite appealing to me.