Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

> > 2) You have a specific syntax, and a specific semantics (what does
> > ExecStart, WantedBy, etc mean), that one must learn in order to simply
> > read this. The namles of the sections are also meaningfull. All this
> > defines a full fledge langaue, and I did not find any comprehensive donc
> > of the language. Each doc refers to 43 or 4 other docs who refers back
> > to all the others, making things quite difficult to read when you need a
> > complete doc and not only a reference on points that you already
> > partially know.
>
> You have to learn the syntax of any program in order to use it.
>
> The LSB headers of a sysvinit script have to be learned.

Yes. SO the argument "it is a simple text file not a shell script" uis
false. It is as complicated to learn as a shell script. More for
people knowing scripting (eg. all unix admins).

> For documentation of the keys, try harder:
>
> man 7 systemd.directives

You're joking or what ?

     Accept=
           systemd.socket(5)

       After=
           systemd.unit(5)

       Alias=
           systemd.unit(5)

       AllowIsolate=
           systemd.unit(5)

       Also=
           systemd.unit(5)

       Backlog=
           systemd.socket(5)

       Before=
           systemd.unit(5)

       BindIPv6Only=
           systemd.socket(5)

       BindToDevice=
           systemd.socket(5)

       BindsTo=
           systemd.unit(5)

Does not document anything. It is just an index to a multi file
reference, which is useless if you do not already know the system. My
problem is not "whioch are the options for this particular statement",
but how do I do this (eg. How do I test a particular condition before
starting a daemon, or how do I replace my policy-rc.d ?).