Re: Installation disc creator (Was: Resizing LVM issue)

On 06/22/2014 01:41 PM, Miroslav Skoric wrote:
> On 06/15/2014 10:52 PM, Reco wrote:
> Btw, what app is good for making an image of the system, sort
> of full backup, and is it possible to use such an image to clone more
> than one comp later, i.e. to avoid installations from scratch? (I have
> two Debian machines here and another one with Ubuntu, and maybe would go
> moving that Ubuntu to Debian but don't like reinstalling all over again...)
>
> M.

You could try ``Remastersys''(http://remastersys.com/), although it is
currently not maintained AFAICT, it still works here. As I also use it
very often -- should it finally go offline, I am going to keep at least
a modified Debian version running.

A cleaner approach (which I have tried multiple times without success
already) could be a customized installation disc.

HTH
Linux-Fan