Re: Question: update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults

> > But after next boot, it does not work any more - I have to to
> > dpkg-reconfigure again.
>
> Do you have a symlink /etc/rcS.d/S??eeepc-acpi-scripts pointing to
> ../init.d/eeepc-acpi-scripts (the exact value of ?? varies from system
> to system)?
>
> Also, which init system do you use?
>
> Cheers,
>        Sven

Hi Sven,

yes, I have a symlink to /etc/init.d/eeepc*, and there is also a symlink in
/etc/rcS.d/.

It is weired, that "/etc/init.d/eeepc-acpi-scripts restart" does not work, but
"dpkg-reconfigure eeepc-scpi-scripts" does. I do not know the diffference, but I
think, dpkg does start the process in a different way than /etc/init.d/* does.

I do not know, which init system I am using, I guess it is init5 (as
standard), but maybe I am wrong here. As I said, I changed to systemd some
time ago, and I believe, this problem appeared since that change (but I am not
sure!)

Is there any other think I can check?

Best

Hans