Question: debian way to create debian live-dvd

Hello list,

I want to create a debian live-cd from an installed debian system.

What is the best debian way? live-build can not be used, as there are some
manually copied files on my system, I want to preserve (i.e. my own wordlists)
and some applications, which are not available as debian packages.

At the moment I am using bootcdwrite. If there are better tools (I believe,
there is also live-helper), please point them to me.

What I imagine is:

- the live-cd should be runable (just like knoppix or similar)
- it should be installable, when the user needs it
- the installation should be automatically (just overwrite the complete
harddrive)
- user friendly (one-click-solution)

I am sure, this is possible, but still did not find the correct tools.

Any help is welcome.

Best regards

Hans