Re: Resizing LVM issue

On 06/01/2014 11:36 PM, Jochen Spieker wrote:

If you don't have a
backup you can try to resize the LV again to its original size and hope
for the best.

BTW, I found it to be good practice to initially use less than 100% of
available space on my PVs for the LVs. That way I can grow filesystems
that are too small easily when I need that space.

Thanks for suggestions. Yep, I managed to return back to the original size at first. Then I resized it properly (incl. leaving few gigs as unused space). e2fsck did spent a while to recheck each partition but seems that everything is in order now. We'll see in days to come ...

M.