Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

On Du, 08 iun 14, 14:19:26, David Dušanić wrote:

> I think running sid is just a matter of how good you can "drive" the
> Debian package manager, be it aptitude or apt.

That's a fairly good description in my opinion :)

> But I would never use something graphical (synaptic) to make my
> upgrades.

While I'm always running aptitude under GNU screen[1] I just can't
recall the last time (if ever) I had X terminate due to an upgrade.

[1] running apt or aptitude in a regular terminal emulator will not help
if X terminates for some reason, you have to use a console or something
like GNU screen.

Kind regards,
Andrei