Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

Slavko:

> Sure, here is today example (it comes from my Raspbian with recompiled
> packages from sid in my own repo):
>
> LANG=C apt-get upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   uwsgi uwsgi-core
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
>
> And now, why they are not upgraded?!
>
> Then i run aptitude and after some keypress is see, that there is one
> conflict with some co-package (cgi plugin) from old uwsgi version.

You can just run 'apt-get intsall uwsgi' and then apt-get informs you of
the reason why uwsgi cannot be installed. But I agree that this kind of
interactive use is one of aptitude's biggest strengths.

J.
--
I have never been happier than I am now; a fact which depresses me
immensely.