Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

On Du, 08 iun 14, 15:07:31, Gour wrote:
> David Dušanić <ivanovnegro@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I think you can also use aptitude on sid but I really prefer apt.
>
> So, you believe aptitude is no better than apt in resolve package deps
> (in Sid) ?

aptitude and apt have different resolvers. At some point in time
aptitude's resolver has been considered superior, especially for
upgrades between releases, but apt has improved in the meantime and it
seems to be more... predictable.

Specifically for sid I prefer aptitude in interactive mode (it's open
all the time here in a screen session), because of the interactive
resolver, the nice preview which you can interact with and the
'forbid-version' action (Shift-f in interactive mode).

Also aptitude's search patterns are, as far as I can tell, unmatched in
any of the other package managers.

Kind regards,
Andrei