Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

Thierry de Coulon:

> I've lived for years using synaptic and I am no so used to aptitude - and I
> don't want to make mistakes...

In addition to the good advice regarding automatically installed
packages that has already been given I have one question: why do you
want to use aptitude? I used aptitude for a few years but switched back
to apt-get after the Release Notes of a release recommended to use
apt-get for distribution upgrades, not aptitude. I have a lot less
trouble now.

J.
--
Television advertisements are the apothesis of twentieth century culture.
[Agree]   [Disagree]