Re: sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 13:07 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 12:05 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> >
> > But these, sure as hell, aren't sold in grocery stores.
>
> Correct! And I suspect that it isn't allowed to sell and buy a good
> knife in Germany anymore

My father, a gifted martial artist, once nearly cut one of his fingers,
when cutting a cake using a good pie knife. The children travelling
knife from the past are better than knifes for adults nowadays. Perhaps
"they" only want protect us against our foolishness. OTOH why don't
"they" simply teach us, how to distinguish the bad from the good tools
and how to use the tools? Not every good tool is as dangerous as a good
knife, most tools are harmless, but anyway much better than computer
replacements, or replacements build controlled by computers.