Re: sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 04:53:15 PM Jarth Berilcosm wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:29:01 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> I'm using a news-reader and could not find the off-topic mailinglist.
>
> Sorry to say so but your reply sounds more like rambling than anything.
> I'll reply to the part i was able to comprehend.
>
> Expectations ? Man, get a good night sleep.
>
> Computers are cheap crap because they can be made to be cheap crap. The
> production proces permits this.
>
> >> Most importantly this list is not an opinion. Almost every listed point
> >> has links to appropriate articles, threads and discussions centered on
> >> it, proving that I haven't pulled it out of my < expletive

> >> If you get an impression that Linux sucks - you are largely wrong. If I
> >> had to create a list of Windows problems, it would be almost as long as
> >> this one.
> >
> > -
> > http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/
>
> why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>
> > Unworldly!
> >
> > A lot of people think like you, not understanding that digital
> > technology can't compare to analog technology. Sure, using a computer
> > humans can do some things that can't be done manually or by analog
> > technology, but most things are from much higher quality, when done with
> > analog technology or manually. Multimedia, toolmaking, ... an endless
> > list.
> >
> > We use computers, because analog technology and handcrafted things are
> > to expensive, the complete philosophy of human kind did go a step in the
> > wrong direction.
> >
> > I'm pro computers, already using Linux for more than 10 years, but
> > started much earlier with computers in the late 80s.
> >
> > It's a misunderstanding to guess that computer technology is that
> > progressed. Computers are cheap crap. If you are aware that they are
> > nothing but cheap crap, you can use them from an relatively objective
> > point of view.
> >
> > Less expectations = less disappointment
> >
> > High expectations = high disappointment
> >
> > IOW your opinion is subjective from an unworldly point of view.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
> >
> > PS: You sent to the wrong list. I only Cc'ed to Debian user and sent to
> > the off-topic list. I suspect replies should go to this list only.

These "reasons why Linux is not ready for the desktop" lists are so stupid.
Sure they're "objective." But you know how easy it is to take Windows or OS X,
grab a list of THEIR flaws, and call them reasons *they* aren't ready for the
desktop? This is practically trolling. Nothing to see here people, move along.

Conrad