Re: sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 17:36 +0000, Iain M Conochie wrote:
> Gazing into my crystal ball, there will be a 3D interface that will
> blow us all away, and the kids will laugh at us for using a mouse /
> keyboard.

Not necessarily! We eat using classic knifes since several hundred years
and btw. a good knife isn't produced by a computer controlled machine,
but handcrafted by a craftsman.

It could be that computers will be used by a keyboard and a mouse even
in 300 years, because this is a good way to do it and in addition it
could be, that computers are not that much used as today, people perhaps
find back to play a real music instrument, to handcraft a lot of things
again, to get better quality. They perhaps will read books again instead
of "Linux sucks" blogs.

When parallel ports replaced serial ports nobody imagined that serial
ports once will replace parallel ports, but they did and it also could
be that analog technology will replace a lot of digital technology in
the future.

Sure, in the future we might be able to control computers by thinking,
the technology once will be available, but perhaps humans start making
social progress and aren't under a spell of computers anymore. The
computer in the future might be a tool for tasks a computer is useful,
but beyond that people might be completely disinterested in using
computers.

Regards,
Ralf