Re: Building computer - power supplies

On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 19:02 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> I7m confused. Did you mean can't produce a gain in current or power?

Assumed there should be a linear voltage regulator able to provide the
needed Ampere, how large should the heat sink be? The voltage isn't an
issue. By a quick search I found a max. of 10 Ampere. My laboratory
power supply does provide only 2 Ampere and the heat sink is
10 cm x 10 cm x 5 cm "small". The once mentioned in "The Art Of
Electronics" Horowitz/Hill original 1989 Cambridge University Press,
here the German translation 3. edition 1998 provide less than 10 Ampere.