Re: Building computer

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:10:01 +0200
Catherine Gramze <rhiamom@gmail.com> wrote:

> there was no option in the BIOS to boot to the hard drive, or even to the EFI
partition

It surprises me to think you cannot select in your own BIOS the choice of booting
from a CD. What kind of BIOS is that? With the latest testing version of the
Debian installer, I would think you had the upper hand with the NTSF file system
present. Just reformat the whole HD to Ext4 and load up a basic system and grub2.
If that doesn't work then you better get a different BIOS or motherboard. Buying a
store-bought computer means you've already paid for some OEM windows 8..this was
a mistake, sorry dude.

Maybe Stan Hoeppner  will wade in with a recommendation. If he does you will have
come to right place.

best wishes nonetheless.

--
CK