Re: administration of initscripts

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:20:03PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> Lets not pollute this useful thread with systemd

It seems a thread about init systems and administration/tweaking of them is the
most appropriate place for systemd to be mentioned. Not least that it can solve
the problem the OP had. It should not be ignored or avoided from being
mentioned just because some people hate it. Some people hate sysvinit. What we
should not do is 'pollute' the thread with any misinformed bias or non
objective statements about the suitability of something for a particular job.
Let's stick to facts.

> but I will say it would be the absolute last on my list and actually systemd
> itself is incomptible with BSD not just udev and from my experience would be
> laughed out of the room by BSD devs even if it was POSIX compliant.

Luckily we're on a Debian mailing list, then, isn't it, and not a BSD one!