Re: Mozilla Firefox ESR for 64bit systems

> But regarding to updates the management by ports for a FreeBSD noop
> like me is a PITA and btw. I also prefer binaries to compiling _really
> everything_ from source. Theoretically you can manage FreeBSD by a
> package management that does provide binaries too, but when I
> installed FreeBSD there were no repositories available, IIRC
> regarding to a security issue, I guess there was an attack.

OpenBSD does have binary packages and a pretty awesome sndio that
beats pulseaudion in many ways, however it support for 24bit hasn't
been done and non mainstream drivers would need porting anyhow.

We are getting way off topic here and may be abusing this list (even if
debian has BSD herd), however I wouldn't mind knowing what high quality
sound card you use that is compatible with FreeBSD (if you don't mind
letting me know off list) as I have a high quality audio hardware
project in the future and a freebsd driver may be quicker to port to
OpenBSD, which is always my first choice wherever it's appropriate
(again 24bit may or may not be a problem but the design of sndio means
the latency could be very good I believe).

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)