Re: I wish to advocate linux

> Cities that switched from Microsoft to Linux, for their departments,
> switched back to Windows.

Not all. IIRC I've heard of Zurich, recently, said anew that it is
interesting to switch to linux because very, very cheaper.

And in France, policemen (at least one, affiliated to military) are using
Ubuntu in their desktops.

I am quite sure they are other counter examples, but I do not really take
care about worldwide adoption of linux. It exists, I can use it, and if
people ask me something, I reply. That's all and enough.

Then, when I think linux is a failure on desktops, I take a look at stupid
(they are based on frequency of browsers running with linux... so it is
not good numbers) statistics websites, and notice that even if the line is
very slow, it comes higher and higher. No matter the speed for me, the
important is not there.

My best way to advocate is to show an old computer to someone, and to say:
"Tt is using the more recent version of <distro> and runs like a charm, so
I do not need to spend 500? in a new computer.
And the best is that I have no maintenance on it, no viruses and alike.
I'm just a little sad that I can not use all recent games."