Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Wed, 02 May 2012 23:30:21 -0500, Indulekha wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 03:54:21PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > Just wondered if that's what you were using for gmane, sorry if I
>> > wasn't clear.
>>
>> Nope, I use Pan (a newsreader client) to read/post here using Gmane,
>> like if I were using a standard MUA.
>>

> Ah well, please excuse me and (as Emily Litella used to say) never mind
> then. I thought you'd mentioned something about running a newsserver,
> and so I wondered if it was leafnode. Perhaps I misunderstood. I know
> you use Pan, but leafnode is newsreader agnostic.

Don't worry.

No, I don't use a news server, only a news reader client to gather the
messages from Gmane's servers.

>> > Anyway, I think sticking with the straight list is probably fine for
>> > me at this point. It's always good to have alternative options if
>> > needed, but gmane seems a bit of a kludge to me frankly, and now
>> > there's that shadow of doubt cast by this whole "joelassistly"
>> > thing... (Though it may have nothing to do with gmane, but IDK).
>>
>> IMO, Gmane is one of the better/useful things there's now in the web, I
>> don't know why you speak about it in that way. Anyway, I'm afraid you
>> haven't understood what's going on with that "joe1..." posts :-/
>>

> Frankly, it doesn't appear anyone fully understands it, that was my
> point.

(...)

Well, we discovered that it has nothing to do with the posting method as
both (either direct posts to the mailing list and those coming through
Gmane) receive the messages.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón