Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Wed, 02 May 2012 10:04:36 -0500, Indulekha wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 02:50:38PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> > So, do you run leafnode and point it at nntp://news.gmane.org then?
>>
>> I've never used Leafnode before. Is a NNTP server, right?
>>
>> Let me take a look:
>>
>> http://leafnode.sourceforge.net/overview.shtml

(...)

> Thanks, but I do already know how to run leafnode -- been doing that
> with news.individual.net for a few years.

So then? I already say how I read/post to this list and don't remember
mentioning leafnode at all :-)

> Just wondered if that's what you were using for gmane, sorry if I wasn't
> clear.

Nope, I use Pan (a newsreader client) to read/post here using Gmane, like
if I were using a standard MUA.

> Anyway, I think sticking with the straight list is probably fine
> for me at this point. It's always good to have alternative options if
> needed, but gmane seems a bit of a kludge to me frankly, and now there's
> that shadow of doubt cast by this whole "joelassistly" thing... (Though
> it may have nothing to do with gmane, but IDK).

IMO, Gmane is one of the better/useful things there's now in the web, I
don't know why you speak about it in that way. Anyway, I'm afraid you
haven't understood what's going on with that "joe1..." posts :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón